Monday, August 23, 2010

2day's recipe: Coffee-Sauced Rump Roast

Happy Monday!  I thought I would post a crock-pot recipe at the beginning of the week in case you need help later this week with dinner.  Before I had a Keurig coffee maker (which is a single cup brewer - LOVE it) I ALWAYS had coffee left in the pot.  I loved using the extra coffee in cooking.  Here is a similar recipe to one of the ways I used up my extra leftover coffee.  I did add more veggies to the pot, like carrots, more onions & mushrooms and peas (don't add the peas right away, add about 5mins before serving and put the shrooms on top of everything in the am).  Enjoy! 

Coffee-Sauced Rump Roast

Ingredients
3 pounds beef rump roast - (to 4 lbs) (or use a similar lean cut)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cup strong black coffee
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1 medium onion chopped

Instructions
Dredge roast in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then brown on all sides in large skillet in hot olive oil. (You can skip browning, but it adds flavor and helps thicken.)

Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot. Add browned roast, turning to coat with liquids. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment